Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

gyrobee or Pitcairn "Cabin"

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

gyrobee or Pitcairn "Cabin"

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:39 AM
flyboybuster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gyrobee or Pitcairn "Cabin"

Hey all,

I'm looking to get into autogyros. I already fly fixed and rotor wings, both at an advanced level. I'd like a autogyro that is capable of rolling takeoff's. I've been thinking about either the gyrobee or the Pitcairn "Cabin" Kit from the autogyro Co of AZ. Any opinions on which one, or other type/company, would be best suited for me would be greatly appreciatied. Also, can anyone tell me the size nitro engine the gyrobee requires.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 04-06-2008, 10:16 AM
JoelW

Default RE: gyrobee or Pitcairn "Cabin"

Chris,

Don't bother with Arizona Autogyro Co. they have poor customer support, perhaps none. Purchase a PT25 from flyingbalsa.com it's a very good product with very good customer support that will fly excelent with a .25 engine. If you are already flying a high wing aircraft the PT25 should be easy to learn to fly autogyro's on. Make sure you have your rotor turning up to autorotation speed before you attempt to lift off into the wind and you should have a good experience.

Regards,

Joel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25209.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	923141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12850.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	923142  
Old 04-06-2008, 04:49 PM
flyboybuster

hey joel,

thanks for the response....I'll check out flyingbalsa right now.....

chris
Old 04-22-2008, 11:42 PM
willyb
My Feedback: (2)

Chris,
Just a note that I, contrary to one of the posts above, have had excellant customer support from the Autogyro Company of Arizona. We have 3 of Steve's kits, all of which have been great choices. All of these kits have been well engineered, and I have had a number of conversations with Steve about set up, trimming, flying advice, etc. He is one of leaders in the gyro field with the broadest autogyro selection, both kits and ARFS, on the market. Have you seen his new Soda Pup-E??? Neat. We have one. He is continually adding to his gyro kits and never once have I had trouble contacting him. We are fortunate to have such a talented person helping us with gyro building and design.

Good luck on your autogyro experience.

Bill