Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Autogyro ARF?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Autogyro ARF?

Does anyone offer an autogyro ARF?

Autogyro ARF?

Id like to know too
    ORIGINAL: jefflangton
    Time to bend over and let your head pop out!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Autogyro ARF?

Hi,

I know this will sound like a broken record, and I don't want to offend anyone, but the closes thing to an ARF is the SIG Senior Kadet converted to a gyro.

I have built, designed, converted at least 40 some gyros now and the Sig is the best. After getting airborne and setting the throttle I have let guest that have never flown RC fly the gyro around with just moving the right stick.

Build the Kadet as a tail dragger, and build a tall wide landing gear from piano wire and mount way up front. For starters you can build the pylon from a a piece of plywood and you don't need lateral control, (head tilt). It will fly OK with just rudder control. Stick a Master Airscrew gear box on top of your pylon and set the rotor shaft 8 degrees positive relative to the wing mount platform. Use a piece of fiberglass material for your hub, add 3 blades and your ready.

I know Bill, someday we will publish this thing.

Phil

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Autogyro ARF?

Checkout www.kombat40.com
    I have seen these fly and they do pretty good.Al is a super nice guy.Call him at 1800-264-7840
    http://kombat40.com/gyro.html
    Excuses-make none,accept none!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Autogyro ARF?

To all awaiting an ARF gyro, its here at last!
    Go to http://www.rotorcraft.com/bandit/model.htm
    Joe Souza is now selling a ready to fly gyro. I use his rotor head and hub bar on my full size Bensen and can attest to the fact he does superior work!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Up till now I had believed a true Bensen type hub ( two blade teeter) just did not work on model gyros. I know the Whistler model uses one but the blades really only windmill and it needs a stub wing for stability.

Has anyone seen this model fly successfuly ?

If it does work then I am very much encouraged to try a teeter bar type hub myself............does anyone have any info on the blade pitch settings on this design ?

Great Stuff

Sean

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I too, have wondered about using a two bladed teetering rotor setup, but was advised against it. However I have flown a small commercial gyro kite with such a rotor system and it was stable, although in this instance too heavy to fly unless in a stiff breeze. The ARF aircraft is insteresting, I note it is quite a speedy machine, compared with my gentle flying gyros, however with a disc loading of 6 compared with my 3.5 (15 powered) and 4.5 (35 powered) it would need to be faster I guess.
    Incidently I went out flying yesterday, the wind was strong enough to deter regular flyers but my lightweight 15 powered gyro handled the wind fine (no wait for rotor lift before handlaunch - they spun up instantly), only problem was it tipped over on landing but damage was minor and fixed quickly.
    Colin Duthie (NZ)
    Colin Duthie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just hapened across this as I thought I'd look into autogyros.....

Go here: http://www.autogyro-rc.com

They have the Lazy Bee gyro, just pick up a Lazy Bee ARF and add the conversion kit....
    If you can remain calm, while all around you is chaos...
    then you probably haven\'t completely understood the seriousness of the situation.