RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AutoGyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/autogyros-191/)
-   -   PCA-2 Short Kits are BACK!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/autogyros-191/11607646-pca-2-short-kits-back.html)

imsofaman 12-07-2014 04:13 PM

PCA-2 Short Kits are BACK!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Taking preorders for my PCA-2 short kit with included finished blades, free rotor plates and free shipping. I have two spoken for at this point......only a ten kit run at this point.

Tis the season for.....au.....toe......gyros.....fa- la la lahhhhhhh!!

Run down on what is in the box.
Pitcairn PCA-2 Autogyro Short Kit
Kit Includes: Plans Ribs, formers, plywood parts (firewall, wing servo plates, landing gear plates, top of mast plate), some rudder pieces, wing tips, nose rings, blade guide, wing saddle, mast plate, gussets, balsa guides for tail and other miscellaneous parts! Rotors, free rotor plates and free shipping.Customer service...I respond to all my e-mails.
The autogyro was very popular in the 20's and 30's as it needed
short runways to take off and could land vertical. They were in service before the helicopter which was perfected after WWII and then the need for the autogyro lessened. The interest in the autogyro has once again been rekindled. Up for auction is Whirlybird Aviation's attempt to glorify the golden years of aviation with the PCA-2 Short Kit. The model is a 60 size autogyro, easy to build and to fly. Standard size servos are needed for rudder and elevator. Motor requirements are a 60 -90 size motor . This model has been built and flown in electric and glow. All the difficult parts have been lazer cut, and a HUGE set of plan sheets are included. The build is twice as fast with the short kit as opposed to scratch building from the plans. You will be so proud to take this model to the flying field!!!Electric VersionGlow VersionTHANKS AND ENJOY!

Dave :-)

tsmithh 03-18-2016 12:43 PM

Are you still selling the PCA-2 short kit?

imsofaman 03-18-2016 01:30 PM

Yes.....I have two left. please go to www.whirlybirdaviation.net

Going Balistic 12-30-2018 02:27 PM

Cam across this thread after I acquired a set of plans recently for the PCA-2. I would like to find out if the short kit is still available.

The URL for the website doesn't work and I'm unable to reach imsofaman through a PM since it appears that he is no longer active on this site.

Anyone know if the short kits are still available or if imsofaman is still around?

I have the plans but no build manual.

Anyone know where I can find a build manual?

imsofaman 12-30-2018 07:35 PM

I just pm'd you on RCG......

Marty56 10-05-2021 10:22 PM

PCA-2 Short Kits are BACK!!!

Are these still available? If so, would you post to Australia?

Marty

imsofaman 10-06-2021 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Marty56 (Post 12697337)
Are these still available? If so, would you post to Australia?

Marty

I no longer make the kits. Plans are available for free download: www.coolwind.co.uk Click on the download tab and then look for Whirlybird Aviation folder, the plans are within that.

Dave