Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

battery charger selection help.

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

battery charger selection help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 06:19 PM
mshay
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery charger selection help.

i think i might start to get into some electric planes, and eventually cars and boats. so the question here is what charger would be best for me. im new to the electric stuff and have only one edf right now which it has its own charger which came with the plane, nothing fancy just a little generic charger that takes for ever to charge a battery.

i would like to know which battery charger would be ok for me im on a budget and cant afford something thats over 100 bucks.

is the charger below worth a "crap"

http://www.bananahobby.com/1992.html
Old 01-02-2011, 06:32 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: battery charger selection help.

It's probably same as all the other 50 watt chargers.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:48 PM
mshay
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: guver

It's probably same as all the other 50 watt chargers.
not being rude here ..but thats not telling me much.

i dont know anything about "50 watt" chargers, so when you say its the same what do you mean by that?

so is it a good charger or not?
Old 01-03-2011, 02:25 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Most people consider them a very good value since the dc model can be had for $20
They do exactly as they are supposed to. To me, all the chinese clone chargers use a similar interface and the big difference between them is the max power level. They are generally available in 50,63,80,100,120,150,200 watts (higher if you need)

From the info you have given it sounds like it'll suit you just fine. If you have more specific question then perhaps someone can give better answer. The best info you can give for a charger recommendation is the specific pack types, max current desired, and max voltage.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:56 PM
AltaTed

I got a nice inexpensive charger on ebay from the seller  http://stores.ebay.com/Abeyerr0-0   They have tons of RC items. Just be careful to buy exactly the right item. I bid on a TITAN B6 balancing charger 12V max and got it for $0 .01  Yep. one penny for the nice charger.  Shipping ran about $8.00 bucks last year.  You might want to try them.  These things and lots more bid all the time with no bidders against you.

AltaTed