Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Need some help with determining wheather my micro PZ plane batteries are still good or not.

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Need some help with determining wheather my micro PZ plane batteries are still good or not.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:52 PM
tomcatguy74
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with determining wheather my micro PZ plane batteries are still good or not.

Hey everyone,

Its been sometime since I have posted on this site or even visited it. Having a family and getting really involved with my job because I got a promotion and a raise can hamper a guys RC hobbies haha!
Anyway I still have all of my Micro planes and helis (Night Vapor, Sukoi, mCX, mSR.
I have 10 1S 3.7V lipos that are registering between 4.12 and 4.16 volts. However I am only getting about 2-4 minutes of flight time out of some of them.
How can I tell if they are bad? Is there some way of reviving them to full performance?

Also, at what voltage should I store any lipo wheather small or large? Full, half or min charge?

Thanks

Old 01-06-2011, 06:11 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Need some help with determining wheather my micro PZ plane batteries are still good or not.

They can be tested with a discharger, charger or cba or other device , but you already have a good idea they are getting tired. There's nothing that can help them. (retire to a lower current apps)

Store at around 3.8-3.85 volts.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:27 PM
tomcatguy74

Default RE: Need some help with determining wheather my micro PZ plane batteries are still good or not.

I have a charger, its s Bantam BC6 charger. How do I test those?
Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 PM
tomcatguy74

Well? Anything?
Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 PM
TampaRCGuy
My Feedback: (282)

Sounds like you stored the batteries fully charged. This is what killed them is that is what you did. When not using the batteries, they should be stored at approx 3.85V per cell. The Bantam BC6 has a storage program for this function.

To use the Bantam BC6 charger and the 1S batteries, you need these 2 parts:

http://www.rcaccessory.com/ultra-mic...ryadapter.aspx
http://www.rcaccessory.com/jstbecchargecable.aspx

With this parallel adapter, you will be able to charge 4 of them at the same time. Simply add up the capacities of the batteries. So if you had 4 120 mah batteries, you would use the Lipo Charge program, set to 1S, and the charge rate would be .5 amps. Simple.

RC Accessory, Inc
US Bantam Importer and Service Center
Tampa, FL