Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Is this right??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:13 AM
ampresearch143

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this right??

hey all

I just bought a Orion IQ605 charger.

I got one battery that came with the Slash vxl 3000mAh
I bought one Dynamite 5300 2s 7.4 25C Battery

i charged the factory one first and I charged it at 3 amp and it took about and hour. I used 3 amp cause it said that was best to long life of the battery. it did say i could charge it at 4 amp for faster charge times. sound right??

second i tried to charge the LI-po 5300. I set the charger as follows.
Li-po Ballance
5.0 Amp
7.4V (2s)

I pluged the battery into the charger and hit start. the charger detects the battery and confirms the cell rating.
my question is 94 min later it was still only at about 3100 mAh and the charging Amp number on the display dropped all the way down to 0.2 and would keep changing. The battery Voltage climed to about 8.17 but now will drop to 8.01 and fluctuate to everything in between.

this does not seem right to me so i stopped it. should i have left it alone?? if so is it ok to just put it back on and let it finish?
Old 03-17-2011, 06:33 AM
ampresearch143

Default RE: Is this right??

quick update. I switch the diplay to view the Voltage of each cell and one of them is at 4.20 but the second is holding at only 4.07. it is SLOWLY climbing but its taking a very long time. does that mean the cell is bad and i should bring it back while i still can??
Old 03-17-2011, 01:27 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

At the very least it means that it is "out of balance" They should be both 4.2 volts.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:04 PM
mudbucket72

if its 7.4v  it should only be a 3.7v per cell actually any lipo should only be 3.7v per cell