Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Thunder Power TP820 Charger

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:48 AM
hrrcflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Power TP820 Charger

Hello,

A friend of mine has one of the new TP820CD chargers from Thunder Power and he is having a strange problem. Every time he charges one of his Flightpower 5S or 6S 5000 mAh batteries, he's getting a "Battery Voltage Too High" message after the charge cycle is complete. When he checked the voltage of each cell after it was charged, they ranged between 4.31 and 4.38 volts. Our question is, how can this happen when the battery charge cut-off voltage was originally set for 4.2 amps/cell. We even reduced that number yesterday to 4.15 volts/cell and the charge still exceeded that value with the last charge it put on the battery.

What's makes this problem more interesting is the fact that I have the same charger and the same 5S 5000 mAh Flightpower packs and I have never gotten the message.

Any help I can get with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

David