Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

AC680 charger & Nimh charging

Old 12-09-2011, 05:31 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default AC680 charger & Nimh charging

Iam a little confused with my charger settings. With the Lipo you tell it how many cells before charging and it takes care of the rest, but the nimh settings only have current settings. The pack calls for 1 amp charging, so how does it know how many volts to charge the pack at?
Old 12-09-2011, 05:37 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AC680 charger & Nimh charging

It doesn't care how many cells there are nor does it care what the voltage is. It does , however keep track of the voltage and the drop when full. The voltage of the charger pretty much just follows the pack (whatever it is)
Old 12-09-2011, 08:39 PM
TheWoodCrafter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AC680 charger & Nimh charging

I think most chargers when set to NiMH or NiCad work the same way.
It detects the voltage of the battery, starts feeding more voltage to it, as the charge comes up it feeds more.
When it measures a voltage drop in the battery (which in  NiCad and Nimh is when it is full) it shuts off.
Don't be alarmed when you see the voltage on you charger way over full charge for your pack.
You are seeing the output of the charger and not the voltage of the pack.
It will shut off when it is done.