Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Is lipo charging all the way up?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Is lipo charging all the way up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 05:47 PM
wildbills rc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is lipo charging all the way up?

I just got a new hexfly 5800 2c 30c battery for the redcat. Im charging it with a nice tenergy balance charger. When the battery is full the charger only shows it to charge to 5000-5100 before is says full. Should it not charge to the full 5800? It seems to be lasting a while but Im not real sure because Im new to all this. Let me know guys. Thanks
Old 12-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Is lipo charging all the way up?

ORIGINAL: wildbills rc

I just got a new hexfly 5800 2c 30c battery for the redcat. Im charging it with a nice tenergy balance charger. When the battery is full the charger only shows it to charge to 5000-5100 before is says full. Should it not charge to the full 5800? It seems to be lasting a while but Im not real sure because Im new to all this. Let me know guys. Thanks
Your charger is replacing the charge that was removed from the battery and this is what the charger is telling you. It is not telling you the capacity available from the battery. No LiPo should ever be completley discharged so the value indicated on the charger should always be less than the capacity of the battery. Your numbers seem to be normal!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:02 AM
TheWoodCrafter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is lipo charging all the way up?

You really need to research and read about LiPo batteries before you burn your house down.
Read this entire site and save our family the greif of the clean up after a fire.
http://sites.google.com/site/tjinguy...arging-how-tos

ORIGINAL: wildbills rc