Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Chargery Power Charger Problems

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Chargery Power Charger Problems

Old 01-16-2012, 08:23 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chargery Power Charger Problems

I purchased a Chargery Power 680B balance charger for charging lipos a few weeks ago and recently added the Chargery Power Power Supply that puts out 15V to run it. I was having difficulty getting a converted PC power supply to put out enough volts. I have had trouble making the charger come on when trying to recharge lipos. Nothing happens when I push the on button. I have tried getting the set up complete and then plugging in the battery to the output and balance board and tried hooking everthing up before turning on the power supply. I can get it to work after numerous attempts, but am wondering if I am doing something wrong. With this charger you scroll to a menu that allows the charge current to be set and the number of cells then hold down the on button for a few seconds to get to a verification screen. Hit the button again and it's supposed to begin charging. The "manual" that comes with it was obviously written in China and is difficult to follow.

Does it sound like there is something wrong with the charger, or I am missing something.

Greg
Old 01-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Goldenduff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chargery Power Charger Problems

with my charger (imaxb5) you have to hold the enter button for say 3seconds.......
Old 01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
FlyingGreg

Thanks Goldenduffmine works that way also. after setting up the parameters of the charge, you hold down the start button for three or four seconds and it flashes and asks you to hit the button again to begin the charge. thats where I'm having trouble, as it does not start charging every time and I have to repeat the setup numerous times.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Goldenduff

Hmmm, possibly the charger I it never worked. Many chargers are rebadged perhaps an English version of manual of the "same" charger might help?
Old 01-16-2012, 02:24 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Here may be a helpful question if you have button beep turned on.

When you hold down the start button and it confirms the number of series cells you have correctly stated that you have to push the button again (don't have to hod it down this time) When you do push it again does it beep? If it doesn't beep then maybe it is a dirty button or bad button and needs wiggled or cleaned.

If it does beep then what happens to the screen? it doesn't start at all? Does the screen go blank and then repower up like starting over? If this is the case then check input voltage during the start process or try using it with a car battery for power.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:46 AM
FlyingGreg

Thanks Guvver. It beeps when I confirm the parameters and I think it beeps again when I push to start the charge. If it starts charging, the fan begins to run immediately and i can hit a button to see the amount of charge remaining in all three cells and watch as they balance and begin accepting the new charge. When it doesn't start, I get the confirmation screen again. I can still look at the individual cells, but they don't ever change. Maybe just a cheap POS. Seems I have to continue to re-learn the "you get what you pay for" lesson.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:11 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

I have to re-learn that lesson over and over too. I think the behavior you described has ruled out everything I've thought could be the trouble. I'm surprised it never gives an error message. I guess it really is a damaged charger.

Maybe it has warranty? tough luck.