Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Life or a123 as a receiver pack

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Life or a123 as a receiver pack

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 AM
Beavis
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Life or a123 as a receiver pack

A comparable but perhaps simpler alternative to charge A123 packs in the plane is to simply purchase the A123 packs with a single 3 wire 20g combo connector, as available at Hangtimes. If you have an FMA CellPro Multi-4 digital fitted with the universal 3 wire A123 pack balance tap to charger cable, simply connect that cable to the pack's single 3 wire 20g combo connector to charge (no need to use the pack's discharge cables). Should the pack's single 3 wire 20g combo connector not be long enough to be easily accessible on or outside the plane, a simple aileron extension connected to it will do.

I've been using this super convenient method (described in the Hangtimes site) with great success.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:58 AM
rexbirk

That is a good setup. I went the other way because all my planes were converted from NiMH and do not have 3 wire switches. Also, all my packs have balance leads and two wire universal connectors.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Mikecam

I use the same setup on all my planes.

I add the 20ga futaba plug to these batts, can't beat the price and I'm on the second season and they just discharged the same as when new.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html