Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Micro Battery Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Flyin Beagle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Micro Battery Question

currently am flying a SR120 and the UMX Extra 300. I am just curious how you guys are caring for your batteries. I have not had any of my packs for the extra go bad, but I have lost about 9 packs for the SR 120. All 9 packs were the eflite 500mah 12c packs. I try to always store them fully charged and I always try to not hit the voltage cut out on the ESC, but it does happen occasionally. It seems these Micro batteries are much more sensitive than my larger packs, and I was just wondering how you guys care for them, and if I should be doing something different.

Thanks

Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 PM
drumduan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Micro Battery Question

Think you answered your own question!

You should not store fully charged (store at 70% max voltage- do this by setting voltage cut off on the charger or use storage mode if you have) then top off the night before flying.

You should not use more than 70-80% of the capacity- maybe use a low voltage alarm in the plane, or get a feel for performance/time and stop then. The low voltage alarms sometimes go off prematurely because of voltage sag during heavy throttle use.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Micro Battery Question

The 120SR batteries aren't the best out there either (Been playing this LiPo game for at least ten years so I know better than to leave them fully charged). I've had better luck with the Turnigy Nano-Tech than those. I am waiting for them to be back in stock for some more. There are other good alternatives as well with some being even better than the Turnigy. Hyperion is one but it's more expensive.