Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

A connector question

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 04:46 PM
gdiddy13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A connector question

Just got a new Heli that uses the "mini" connector. (hope Iat least have that part correct)

I already have a lipo charger for my Savage, to charge Lipos.

My charger has a Dean's connector, my battery for the heli is obviously not the same. I understand I can solder up a Deans lead with a compatible(for the battery) mini connector.

But here is my question. The heli factory charger, charges the battery with what looks like to me, just the "balancing" lead out of the battery. So if Ido the above modification, then do Iconnect what looks like the balancing lead, to my balancing board on my charger.

yikes! that seems like a lot, for what is probably a very simple answer!

if this doesn't make sense let me know
Old 05-18-2012, 05:28 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: A connector question

Without seeing it and knowing the specific parts I can't say it will be without problems because there can be many things wrong. Universally as long as the connections and specs are correct any lipo charger can charge any lipo battery.

You can charge thru the discharge lead (main lead) and use the balance tap for balance charging. Many stock cheap chargers do indeed just charger only thru the balance tap. This may verify that what you're doing is ok. http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/lipo.html
Old 05-19-2012, 11:21 AM
gdiddy13

Default RE: A connector question

Think that pretty much answers it. Thanks!