Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

just another charger

Old 07-08-2012, 10:35 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just another charger

We needed another charger , right? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ger_w_PSU.html

I bought one for about $29 rather than another 50 watt dc powered charger for $19

I suppose for the right application it is a good deal. It has AC power and 80 watts instead of 50 watts , but still only does 6 amps. I wish it had 80 watts and 8 amp limit.
For doing a 4S pack on AC power it is a good recommendation. It operates exactly like all the rest , but has a couple of differences.

I'd appreciate any others to post the differences or bugs they find.

On lipo charge it ramps up almost immediately to max current. I like that since with me it's all about charge speed.
On "fast" charge it's max setting is 5 amps (boohoo, a bug if you ask me)
Old 07-08-2012, 10:38 AM
guver

Default RE: just another charger

It seems that many looking to buy a step above the rtf chargers included with many planes go for the 50 watt DC chargers then they desire to run them on AC power. If so then consider this AC/DC charger because it has the same MAX current of 6 amps , yet does have 80 watts. On 2s packs it make no difference , but on 3s and higher it does.

Another thing is that includes only a 220 cord , not a 110 volt cord. It is a std plug though (mickey mouse style)
Old 07-10-2012, 01:35 PM
guver

Default RE: just another charger

This runs pretty good on a separate power supply , and when using AC power it ran about 125 deg F when the shop was 80 deg F. Works fine at almost full power for less than 30 minutes at a crack.