Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LIFE batteries

Do life batteries require a low voltage cuttoff like a LIPO.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: LIFE batteries

No they do not. I had several of the hobbyking LIFE batts and they were good while they lasted, which wasnt very long, maybe a couple weeks before all of them puffed. So if you are looking into the hobbyking ones look elsewhere.
    Mad Force Kruiser VE/ MM E-Revo / 2x 2wd Slash / 2x 2wd Stampede / Slash 4x4 / Vaterra BL Camaro / Axial SCX10

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: deviltrigger529

No they do not. I had several of the hobbyking LIFE batts and they were good while they lasted, which wasnt very long, maybe a couple weeks before all of them puffed. So if you are looking into the hobbyking ones look elsewhere.
    I don't own any of the Hobby King LiFe batteries but there are quite a few of them in use at our field. No failures of any kind yet and this is well into their 2nd season. If all of your batteries puffed, I'd be looking at the charger settings.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do life batteries require a low voltage cuttoff like a LIPO.

Yes they do. If you take the HK life battery's down too low they will puff. I do find because they don't have the C rating of A123 lifepo4 cells you have to take them down to 2 volts per cell to get the rating out of them when discharging with out hurting them. My A123 cells stay at 2.5 volts or above.
    HK life packs work great as Rx power but for motor applications I would stay with lipo.

I have 12 of the hk lifepo4 packs in use, 2 going on the 3rd year and all still work and charge fine for Rx power.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes i think my dad uses a regulator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

they work great for RX packs, my zippy pack is still going strong after a year, I don't use a cutoff but if you notice ANY drop off in power bring it in and shut it down because they go flat FAST and can leave you with a stuck open throttle.
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)