Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Noob, what battery would be best!

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Noob, what battery would be best!

Old 08-24-2012, 08:40 PM
BlackBettyBamALAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob, what battery would be best!

First let me start by saying please forgive me for my ignorance, I'm posting this before doing FULL research. With that said, my son was given a RC Truck bye his Grand Father who's a serious RC Fanatic. The truck has a orange shell, with black pin stripping, and says B-17 Betty. It looks like a Traxxas but not sure.It has a 2019x tal receiver Traxxas Digital Proportional Two Channel Radio System 27mhz amESC - S06 Micro ESC 320AUltra Torque Hi Tec HS-654MG& I'm really not sure about the motor. Cant see any writing or numbers on it. The battery is a Orion V Max Super Duty 2400 MAH (Written in black marker it says NICADWere not sure if the battery is any good, my son says he left it over night charging but the next day when he tried to run the tuck....nothingThe charger is Orange & says "5 Hour Charger" on it. The charger also has a switch from Ni-Cd or Ni-Mh to choose from. Would 12-15 hrs seem like a reasonable amount of time to charge specially when the charger says 5hr...lolIf this is a dead battery, is there anything to do to restore it?If not any recommendations on a new one. I'll add pics as soon as my phones charged enough. I'd call his grand father but its my Ex's side of the family and.......well you know how that goes... lolBeen wanting to buy him one for a while now. And almostEdited to remove Black Before Betty, Its just B-17 Betty , Not Black Betty ...... I was thinking of the song...hense the name....lol
Old 08-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Goldenduff

Default RE: Noob, what battery would be best!

Do you know what the voltage should be?

Use the truck until it starts to slow down, then put on to charge overnight. 

If it doesn't work then you need another battery!

All the best
Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 PM
BlackBettyBamALAM

sorry 7.2
Old 08-25-2012, 08:53 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Those batts are very cheap and almost EVERYONE who has been into RC should have them laying around good used and be glad to get rid of them because most of us have gone to lipo packs. If you were my neighbor I'd fix you up with a free charger and a couple of batteries to get the truck going. OR I could check out your stuff to see if you needed to buy charger or batteries.