Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

i am considering using a123 or life batteries for my rx and tx. I would like to get an idea what the

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

i am considering using a123 or life batteries for my rx and tx. I would like to get an idea what the

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Walfam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i am considering using a123 or life batteries for my rx and tx. I would like to get an idea what the

i am considering using a123 or life batteries for my rx and tx. I notice that all the rx a123 batteries are 6.6 volts. Will this cause a problem on my digitial servos that only go to 6.0 v? Also, I know they have a123 life batteries for tx but I have not found any in the 7.6 range or that will fit in my Airtronics SG-10. I have a cellpro charger and found a place where I can charge do a single charge thru the switch. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:41 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: i am considering using a123 or life batteries for my rx and tx. I would like to get an idea what the

Servos rated for 6v mean they are rated for a 5 cell pack, much like 4.8v servo specs mean a fully charged 4 cell pack which as I'm sure you're aware is well over 4.8v off the charger.

As such, yes, servos rated 6v normally do not have a problem with A123's.

I suggest that you stick with genuine A123 systems cells from a reputable vendor. They ARE different than "LiFe" batteries marketed by others and which cost less.

I personally get mine from WrongWayRC.com though Hangtimes and Tail Dragger RC also come to mind.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Mikecam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i am considering using a123 or life batteries for my rx and tx. I would like to get an idea what the

For Rx power I have been using these on planes with low power draw, latest is a 1/5 mustang. I have 12 in use and so far they have been good. Cheap enough so dual packs can be used for piece of mind with a $8 battery. They have been coming with a futaba/Jr connector for power discharge. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html

For my 3D high C drain stuff I use A123's from Hangtimes. You can order them with the 20g 3 wire universal for charging thru the switch.

To charge thru the switch on the HK packs I cut the balance plug off and shrink wrap the red and black wires and then take the white wire and add a futaba end to it and install it into the futaba connector power supply. Then you can balance charge thru the switch.