Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

2 5s packs for 10s question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 03:02 PM
tc4 drft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 5s packs for 10s question...

DIdnt know if I should post here or in the electric boat section. But heres the question. Ive got the Castle 200HV ESC with 5.5mm connectors already installed. I was going to make a wire harness, but then I was thinking do I even need it? My ESC wire are long enough to reach the packs. On the ESC, the positive wire has the 5.5mm male connector and the negitive has the female. If each 5s pack has a female connector on the positive and a male on the negitive, could i just simply plug the ESC positive male into one lipo positive female, then ESC negitive female to the other lipo negitive male, then just hook up the lipo negitive male and lipo positive female together, thus eliminating the need for a seperate harness? Sorry if thats confusing.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:26 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2 5s packs for 10s question...

Yes
Old 09-16-2012, 03:31 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: 2 5s packs for 10s question...

If I am reading what you described correctly you would be connecting in series which will give you 10s using two 5s packs. Positive of first pack to the positive of ESC ,Negative of second pack to negative of ESC and remaining positive and negative jumpered together would be a series circuit and result in a 10s pack.