Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Hitec X1AC with Sky Lipo problem

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Hitec X1AC with Sky Lipo problem

Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Photea1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec X1AC with Sky Lipo problem

Any ideas? I have 3 1600 Mah 11.1 volt Sky lipos and a Hitec charger. Over the last week the charger has started erroring out voltage too high on 2 of the batteries. Upon trying to charge again, I monitor the individual cell voltage and after a short time it starts bouncing all around on the individual cells showing 3-5 volts then errors out again. Think this is a battery charger or Lipo problem? Think it could be a balance board problem? I always charge with the balance board connected and in balance charge mode. When I put a cell meter on the battery after removing for the charger, it showed the cells fairly well balanced. Confused. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:52 AM
trax de max

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec X1AC with Sky Lipo problem

its a loose connection in the balance connectors or inside the battery.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:12 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

I'd guess the trouble is in the board,wire, or charger. It's happening with all 3 cells on 2 different packs , right?
Old 10-04-2012, 05:40 AM
trax de max

give a gentle pull on each balance wire on its own. If its on the two packs then chances are it's not the batteries. Its the connection somewhere from battery to charger itself. But i'd say its a lead from when it's pulled apart every time.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:56 AM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

You can rule out the balancer by charging without the balancer for a short duration. If the erroneous voltage message shows up again, the charger must be bad.

In general, if the balancer is in place during the charge, the voltage per cell seen by the charger will be lower, than if the balancer is disconnected.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Photea1

Thanks for the responses. Iplugged in one of the batteries I am having trouble with and watched the charge process. It did fine till around 4.15 per cell then started going nuts again. I clicked back and forth between total voltage and per cell voltage and it soon stopped and finished the charge. I wiggled the wires without success of making it mess up. I agree with y'all and think it is probably in the balance board so have ordered a replacement. If that doesn't fix it I'll send it to HiTec and see if they can figure it out. I highly doubt the batteries are all going bad the same way at the same time. Could be the other is doing it also and it just hasn't done it bad enough to error out. Thanks again for the responces and help.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:00 PM
trax de max

you can check for dirt on the pins too if it has been getting dirty it makes a poor contact.