Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Charging 2 batteries

Hey guys. I use the traxxas 6 amp charger and i also bought the dual 2 cell lipo balance board, which will allow me to charge 2 lipos at the same time. To set it up you just input into th charger like your charging a 4 cell battery to charge the two 2 cell batteries. But what do i input for the amps? I will be charging a 3200mah and a 4000mah batterry, so obviously one charges at 3.2 amps and the other is 4 amps. I would assume i just charge both a 3.2 amps, but if i do this will my 4000mah battery be fully charged at the end of the charging cycle?
    Atomik MM450, Traxxas Slayer Pro & Rustler, Blade Mcpx & CX2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Charging 2 batteries

It is simply a parallel connector so the pack becomes a 2s x 7.2 ah pack. If you were able to set it to 7.2 amps then one pack would get about 3.2 amps and the other pack will get about 4 amps.
    and airplanes were in

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So what happens if i just set it the 6 amps? The batteries will both get fully charged correct?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i'm sure the traxxas connector is a series adaptor, not a para type. I may be wrong but i'm quite sure they have 2x2s and 2x3s types.
    Your batteries have to be identical and in pretty much same condition.
    It can do either 2x2s charged as a 4s and the other board can do 2x3s charged as a 6s, but there isn't one for other combination sizes.
    Sorry officer i thought the speed limit only applied to people with driving licenses.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: j0e331

So what happens if i just set it the 6 amps? The batteries will both get fully charged correct?
    Yes, it will be fine.
    and airplanes were in

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: trax de max

i'm sure the traxxas connector is a series adaptor, not a para type. I may be wrong but i'm quite sure they have 2x2s and 2x3s types.
    Your batteries have to be identical and in pretty much same condition.
    It can do either 2x2s charged as a 4s and the other board can do 2x3s charged as a 6s, but there isn't one for other combination sizes.
    I have never seen nor used one and by looking at the pic it could be series or parallel. Since it's calling for either a pair of 2s packs OR for the other adapter calling for a pair of 3s packs then I assume it is a parallel adapter. It is following the only parallel rule , that is that the packs must contain the same number of (series) cells.

If it followed the only series rule , that is the packs require the same amount of capacity then I'd say it's a series adapter.

We will verify by looking at the manual.
    and airplanes were in

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well i will say that i read every word in the manual and it says nothing about the batteries needing to be the same MaH rating. The only thing it mentions about charging is to charge the batteries as a 4s lipo and they recommend charging at 1C (which is a given)

So my problem is, what is 1C of the two batteries? Do you combine them? This is where im lost

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A 4s would indicate a series adapter. When cells are in series the capacity remains the same. When in parallel it adds. I'd do some continuity checking on the adapter since there some conflicting info about it. It would be easy to plug both packs in and then simply measure the 2 main leads for voltage.
    and airplanes were in