Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Hobbico LIFE battery and charger

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Hobbico LIFE battery and charger

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:53 PM
nh4clo4
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico LIFE battery and charger

I have a question for the battery experts. I just picked up a Hobbico life receiver battery 1800 mah. Also the matched Hobbico life ac/dc charger. The Manuel says to first connect the balance connector, then the main wire. Both are brand new out of the box, but the charger keeps giving "reverse polarity" error. I checked the battery with a meter, and it shows the correct polarity?

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks
Ed
Old 12-11-2012, 10:33 AM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hobbico LIFE battery and charger

Try checking the output polarity of the charger for correct polarity. The output leads could have been reversed during manufacturing?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
trax de max

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the input correct
Old 12-11-2012, 01:24 PM
nh4clo4
My Feedback: (33)

I talked to hobbico today, it is an ironic coincidence that a 2 cell battery when fully charged flashes for each cell when it is done, since the battery is new and checked correctly with a multimeter, it just happenst to be fully charged, and the flashes showing a fully charged 2cell, is the same blinking pattern as the reverse polarity error. If I had a 1 or 3 cell I would have caught it

Learned something new today, it did take a while for us to come to that conclusion
Ed