Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

HV servos with stock RX??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 06:03 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HV servos with stock RX??

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

ORIGINAL: drac1

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

ORIGINAL: drac1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the rx doesn't require power in this case. The white wire is signal only to tell the servo what to do.
The receiver will still need power.. to receive the signal from the TX and generate the signal to the servo..

Without power the RX is just like a mobile phone without a battery.. IE totally dead..

OK, then you could run a 5 volt regulated power supply from the LiPo to the rx. No need to use a separate battery.
Yes that would be possible also.. My question to acerc or anyone who knows the answer.. relates to having two seperate batteries.. one just for the RX.. one for the Servos and no common ground (ie black wire) in this case just plugging in the white wire to the RX - would it control the servos

Genuinely just curious.. I will test it myself when home in a few days..
Rob - you must have "common bus ground", the negative wire. Even the isolation systems maintain that, as the RX servo signal data line is referenced to that "ground". Technically, it isn't a ground at all, but it is the "common" for all the power distribution. No common ground, no workeee.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:35 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a quick set up to show how I do it.

Last edited by acerc; 08-06-2013 at 08:07 PM.