Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Thunder AC6 Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 12:50 PM
kwblake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder AC6 Help

I guess, to start off, I am a mechanical kind of guy, that has trouble with the amps, volts kind of stuff. Somehow, when I first purchased this charger, I got it set to charge LiFe, batteries, which I use for my Rx. Now, I have a purchased a Saito 4 stroke, that will not idle yet, so I bought an onboard glow driver, and a 300Mah Lipo to power it. After looking again at the manual, I got it set to charge the Lipo, but for the life of me, don't know how the heck I got there. I look at the manual, get very frustrated, and then just start pushing buttons. Don't have a clue what I did!!!!! Could someone please explain to me, how to change the settings from LiFe to Lipo, and then back again. I feel very foolish asking this, but...... to me, the manual is just not very user friendly. I am thinking of buying another charger, but it won't happen right now.

Thanks very much.

Again, feeling foolish.........
Old 08-28-2013, 11:08 PM
trax de max

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think when you go on battery type, life setting on voltage you press + or - and the single cell voltage changes this changes the lithium type. I remember it vaguely on an old charger i had with similar menu tree.
So select battery type.
Then on the Life or LiPo setting press + or - too change the voltage and i think the name changes too. Because i can't remember what the different voltages are.

Last edited by trax de max; 08-28-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:30 AM
kwblake

Hey trax. Thank-you. It worked.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:42 AM
trax de max

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a better manual if it's still online is the team orion IQ605, It's not one of the chinese translation to english manuals.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:03 AM
kwblake

Thanks again trax. One note to anyone else that wants this manual, it's 144 pages long. If you download it and print it, only print to page 21. The rest are different languages. You will save a little paper that way.......... Yes I did look, before I printed it. Thank goodness!!!!!!!! Here is the link if anyone wants it. http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...er-ORI30156#t6