Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

LiPos & Pets

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 06:53 AM
ma_mulcahy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPos & Pets

I had a small LiPo on my kitchen counter.... 1S 140mAh. Looks like the cat knocked it off the counter overnight. The only piece I can find is the battery cap. I have no idea where the rest of the battery went. I am VERY concerned that one of the dogs might have ingested it. I've watched their behavior over the last 24 hours and haven't noticed anything different. Does anyone else have any experience with this issue?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:28 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yikes! Time to go to the vet for an xray. I'm sure the stuff is poisonous. Good luck, maybe it went under the fridge or stove?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:52 AM
ma_mulcahy

Yeah, been looking under all the furniture. We have 5 dogs, so lining them all up for xrays is a major challenge.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:20 AM
raptureboy

Sounds like you wil have to do a field exam for a day or 2 I had a lab who would inhale just about anything she found on the floor. amazing the things I would find in the yard. It's a pretty small battery though so hopefully it will go right though.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:44 AM
RV Winkle

a little oil might work. from webmd
Mineral oil is a lubricant laxative that facilitates the passage of hard stool through the anal canal. However, mineral oil interferes with the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, so daily or frequent administration may cause vitamin deficiency. Mineral oil also reacts adversely with docusate and thus should not be used in conjunction with Colace and the other emollient laxatives. Never administer mineral oil by syringe because it is tasteless and can be inhaled into the lungs.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:10 AM
raptureboy

And it makes great smoke oil. I buy it by the gal from my farm store, it's used in horses for the same problems, constipation that is.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:53 AM
ma_mulcahy

Crisis resolved. The battery turned up on a throw rug where the Velcro kept it firmly stuck. The tooth marks in it testify that it was seriously considered a meal, but the case was not punctured, nor ingested.

Thanks to everyone for your replies!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:01 AM
raptureboy

Yeh! dogs 1 cats 0 You know the cat did it on purpose.