Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Battery ignition and electrical setup

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Battery ignition and electrical setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 07:31 AM
aframe2
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery ignition and electrical setup

I have a couple of questions about this setup I am trying to perfect. The engine is a DLE-55 and it came with
the ignition module that has DC 4 8v-8 4v printed on the front. Also it has #5 stamped on it. I am trying to use
one battery to power both the ignition and the receiver. I have a 6.6v/4100 mah life battery that I am using in this
process. I bought a rcexl opto gas engine kill switch to complete the system. My first question is, do I need a battery
eliminator circuitry board to go between the battery and the receiver? My other question is; the kill switch I bought was
one of two kinds listed on Valley Views website. One stated that it contained (bec) technology to step down the voltage
from the battery to the ignition, the one I bought does not state that, but the ignition I was told is new and different from
the ignitions of yesterday. I was told this ignition could take the voltage of the 6.6v battery. I am at a loss trying to figure
this out. Please Help. Here are a couple of pictures of the electrical system as it is now. Thanks, Aframe2

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	1955174   Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	1955175