Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

DX7S TX Battey

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:19 AM
p3arljam
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7S TX Battey

I have a DX7S with the stock battery which isnt holding a charge like it use to. I have been reading about LIFE,LIPO and A123 batteries and it gets a little confusing. I have including a picture of my stock battery can anyone send me a link to a good replacement?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SPMB2000NMTX_a0.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1961342  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:28 AM
JohnB96041

Look on the Horizon web site for tye DX7s transmitter. In the manual it says you can get the following: If you purchase the optional LiPo battery pack (SPMB4000LPTX), the initial charge can take up to 30 hours.
I ordered the LiPo battery pack for the DX8 and it has been great. Check your DX7s manual and it should tell you how to set the transmitter for the LiPo battery if you get one.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by p3arljam
I have a DX7S with the stock battery which isnt holding a charge like it use to. I have been reading about LIFE,LIPO and A123 batteries and it gets a little confusing. I have including a picture of my stock battery can anyone send me a link to a good replacement?
Here is a link to the battery John mentioned for your DX7S. The radio was designed for it.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...8-SPMB4000LPTX

As John said the initial charge will take more than a day. Once charged it will last around 40 hours of continual use in the radio.

It charges with the normal charger supplied with your radio as the DX7S and DX8 have a built in charger for LiPo. The light on the transmitter will go out when it is fully charged.

Changing TX settings to LiPo will change the scale of the battery meter on the radio to suit the higher voltage and also adjusts the low voltage alarm accordingly.

If you have never used LiPo just a word of caution, if you drain them totally flat you will destroy them so make sure the inactivity alarm is set on your radio so it will beep if you forget to turn it off.

Last edited by Rob2160; 01-23-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:13 PM
p3arljam
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the replies.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:48 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Pack_.html
Been using this in my old DX8 and now the DX9 and it works well.