Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Duralite Plus A123 4600 battery-Dual switch setup ???

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Duralite Plus A123 4600 battery-Dual switch setup ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 03:06 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duralite Plus A123 4600 battery-Dual switch setup ???

Just bought a DuraLite Plus A123 with the duraLite charger. I am pitting this in a 50cc plane with 8 hitec digital servos. The battery has two power leads and balance lead. I want to use two heavy duty JR switches with each being connected to a power lead and plugged directly into the Futaba 6008 receiver. Can I do this without a regulator or powerbox? I have some experience with A123's but never with DuraLites. I am told that I can only charge with a genuine DuraLite charger and I have one. I do also have a CellPro Multi-4 charger and thought at the time I bought it that it would charge any brand made, maybe there is something different about the DuraLites. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:02 AM
pilotpete2

The only possible difference with the Duralites would be if they have a built in balancing circuit. If the balance tap has three wires, and you can read the correct volatges at the tap, then I would think you could use your Cellpro Multi 4. If not, I would dump the Duralites and get an A123 pack from a reputable vendor, such as Hangtimes or Radical RC. Getting locked into a proprietary charger/battery pack combo is not a plan.
Personally, I would try balancing charging that pack with the Multi 4, as long as the balance tap is correctly wired and you have a balance board that accepts the balance connector, but that's me, I live dangerously. Seriously, with the Cellpro, there's really not much risk.
Dual output leads to two HD switches, IS a plan
Pete
Old 05-24-2014, 03:18 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Thanks pilotpete, the balance tap only has two wires. I have used my cellpro multi-4 set at a 1 amp charge on the A123 unbalanced setting since the battery itself has a balance circuit in it.So far the charger seems to be working fine with this battery. Thanks for the help.