Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

SkyRC e6 ACinput charger is giving me fits!!!!

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

SkyRC e6 ACinput charger is giving me fits!!!!

Old 05-25-2014, 04:33 AM
Timberghost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SkyRC e6 ACinput charger is giving me fits!!!!

When i plug in my 3s 1400mah pack, i get a blinking 1s cell LED and the charging status LED also flashes red, in the manual it says "discharging" but it only mentions the cell LED, nothing about the charging status one... I highly doubt that this charger will discharge for more than 24 hours because the pack has been hooked up for 2 days with the same results... Im about to give up, any ideas?
Old 05-25-2014, 08:14 AM
trax de max

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked the cell voltages with a little cell checker or volt meter. LED chargers are rubbish and considering the damage that can happen, i'm surprised they haven't been banned.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Timberghost

No i havent yet it worked perfecty fine last time i used it, the pack also is fairly new (5-6 runs through it)
Old 05-25-2014, 01:17 PM
trax de max

without knowing what the voltages are it's difficult to know what the charger is doing to the point of just random guessing, Led display chargers are ok for nickel batteries but for lipo it's best to have a display.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Timberghost

Its a Li-po/Li-fe charger, this is my first li-po setup (r/c hydroplane) so yeah im fairly new to
this
Old 05-25-2014, 03:36 PM
trax de max

I'd advise to invest in a charger with a screen to show voltages, capacity and whether the charge mode or discharge. It should take roughly one hour to charge a lipo depending on specs of charger/battery. Leaving a lipo on charger, or even connected to anything for two days is a very bad thing to do. A lot of people start off with the very basic charger and quickly upgrade to a better charger, I'm onto my third and hopefully last.