Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Any of you had this happen?

Old 06-23-2014, 11:53 AM
boxbeam
My Feedback: (188)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any of you had this happen?

I just got a new 9.6 1650 NIMH and when cycling it, it goes beyond the 1650 up to 3000. It would go more, but I shut it down as I know something is wrong. It does not get hot, I charge it at .1ma and discharge it at .2ma with a total discharge of 1600. I have a Triton EQ charger and nothing I could see in the instructions addressed this problem. Has anyone else encountered this situation?

Ron
Old 06-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your comments do not seem logical. In the first place, you should be charging at 0.1C; your 0.1ma charge and 0.2ma discharge is meaningless. You should charge the first charge at about 165 milliamperes for 16 hours to give it the proper forming charge. Later, if fast charging, be sure to monitor the temperature and charge at about 1.65 amperes but stop the charge as soon as the temperature of the battery rises by a noticeable amount or the peak detection kicks in. To compare the discharge curve to specifications, discharge (after a full forming charge)at about 0.33C down to 0.9 volts/cell.