Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

This is a really good little charger.

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

This is a really good little charger.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:22 PM
wade7575

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is a really good little charger.

I got a Maha C9000 charger off of ebay to charge my AA and AAA batterys and figured why not give it a shot as I seen on the Powerex Canada website they come with a 3 year warranty.

I have been using it for a good while now it never seems to screw up or over charge any AA cell I can find to throw at it and does a really good all round job.

It has to many features to list here but the one I like the best is that each slot has it's own charge circuit so each cell is being charged completely separate from one another.I also like the fact that it can discharge your cells as well,what it does is discharge's them down to .90 volt's per-cell then charge's them back up again and it has a resting period to let the cells cool between discharge and recharge,it also tell's you how many Mah went into each cell so you can weed out any bad ones or try cycling them.

The cycling feature can be set to 12 cycle's witch yes I know is way more then anyone needs to cycle cell's in a row,it can be set to charge at 100Mah to 2000Mah at 100Mah increment's Per-Cell and for the discharge it can be set to discharge at 100Mah to 1000Mah in 100Mah increment's.

I forget where I read it if it was in the manual or on the ebay ad or the Powerex website but they claim to use a low heat generating Algorithm,I can that it sem's to work pretty well and is not a gimmick as I can charge my 2000Mah cells at 800Mah and they are cooler when I charge them with the energizer type charger that only charge's at 400Mah and keep in mind the energizer type charger I have makes them warmer at half way threw the charge then what the Maha does at full charge.

thatIf you look at the list of Battery's tested in the link to ebay you can see where they test many brand and one of the worst was the Ultrafire AA 3500 that only took back 367Mah with this charger.

I got this charger to charge my AA cells for my Transmitter's that use AA cells now like the Tatic 2ch pistol grip and other stuff and my other transmitters so that way I won't be tying up my RC Charger's.

They also make an 8 cell charger as well that charge's all 8 cells independently from one another as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230780068096...84.m1439.l2648

http://www.mahaenergy.com/mh-c9000/