Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Charging Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Trey4U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging Problem

New to lipo's and need some help. I got a Hyperion charger that charges several battery types. Went through the menu and set it up to charge a NiCad yesterday and all went well. Today I go through the set up menu for a LiPo and when I press the start button it says "balancer connected", then it says "checking battery", then some battery data flashes on the screen, I think it's the status of the battery, then it goes back to where I entered the charge info. With the NiCad a timer came on the screen and showed the time and amount of charge that was going to the battery. Not so with the LiPo. Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks!
Trey

I found the problem. The 12V DC adapter I'm using only puts out 1 amp. Kinda hard to charge at 2.3 amp with that. I'll get a more robust adapter.

Last edited by Trey4U; 08-25-2014 at 08:56 AM. Reason: found my problem