Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

I have no clue on how to select a Lipo battery for a particular setup, please help.

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

I have no clue on how to select a Lipo battery for a particular setup, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:37 PM
MarkU6299

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have no clue on how to select a Lipo battery for a particular setup, please help.

So as the title says, I do not know how to select a battery for the setup. I tried to do research and was not able to find what I was looking for. I am trying to set up an upgrade motor/esc/battery for an RC plane. I am looking to use a NTM Prop Drive Series 35-36A 1400Kv / 550W with a Hobby King 60A ESC 4A UBEC for my Tower Hobbies brand P-51 Mustang. A while back I nosed the Mustang and wrecked the motor mount. I flew a lot more since the wreck and consider myself an OK pilot. I own several planes and fly them well, so I think I am up to the task for the upgrade for my wrecked plane.
Thanks in advance,
Mark
Old 11-03-2014, 10:34 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm not understanding fully about selection problem. Maybe I'll learn here also...

Last edited by RustyUs; 11-03-2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: not understanding about not understanding
Old 11-03-2014, 01:18 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

E Clc (propeller) is a likely way to investigate with.
You will need
weight, wing area, and propeller type/size
The motor specs KV etc.
The ESC current and voltage ratings
Basically, this tells you what the ~ behavior should be.