Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Charger

Old 04-28-2015, 05:00 AM
voodoodb
My Feedback: (98)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Charger

Need some help. I am just getting into larger electrics and have outgrown my present charger, a Hobbyking Quattro. I love being able to charge 4 packs at once, and also being able to charge different type packs at the same time. My problem is, now I am running 5s and 6s systems in 5000 and 6000 mah packs in series to get 10s and 12s. So I need a charger that can charge these size packs at the proper mah. The Quattro only goes to 2500mah charging with 2 packs at a time. Have been looking at the Turnigy Reaktor 2 and also the icharger dual 308. Anyone got any better thoughts? Does anyone make a 3 or 4 port charger to charge these high amp packs?
Old 05-03-2015, 08:25 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not that I know of. High current chargers are out there, but usually have one or two ports, and you can charge lipo's in parallel with a suitable adapter.
(FMA's MPA is an example of a relatively safe parallel charging adapter, capable of handling ~40A)
Limiting factors have to do with input power to the chargers, and are generally those related to 120v AC and the usual 15-20A branch circuit.
Lead Acid 12v batteries are also a limiting factor. Automotive batteries are designed for short term high amperage (starting)
and much lower current draw for longer terms. The 12v batteries that are much better to use are those intended for such things as trolling motors
Omni makes a series of batteries designed for such service. Expect to pay about twice the price, compared to a regular automotive battery.