Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

New Turnigy "Graphene" Batteries

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

New Turnigy "Graphene" Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 08:00 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the suckers are still biting on the this oversized Lipo and most of the comments are about how nice the packaging is. Who cares, if it lasted five times longer it could come in fishwrap and I would buy them. As it is this is nothing but the same old crappy dodgy marketing HK has used for years.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:20 AM
trax de max

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trouble is claims of a product sell. Out of the thousands that buy a graphene battery how many could prove what it is.
The people researching should look up graphanano the spanish company or tata steel what went belly up they're moving towards graphene area if the investments their.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:56 PM
trax de max

Hobby King isn't the only company selling graphene packs. End of May revolectrix is selling them. The beta testings done now.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:32 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by trax de max
Hobby King isn't the only company selling graphene packs. End of May revolectrix is selling them. The beta testings done now.
I just looked at their website and they make no mention of Graphene technology in their batteries. The do show a new mix that offers low internal resistance (IR) but they don't say anything about the chemistry. So maybe you know something I don't but Hobby Kings battery Graphene battery is that in name only because the largest companies in the world have yet to release a true graphene battery to the market. The HK battery is just a high MAH battery that is marked lower than it really is, the battery equivalent of sandbagging.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:36 PM
trax de max

http://www.revoblends.com/silver-lab...80c/4591291241
Old 05-09-2016, 07:06 AM
topspin

"LITHIUM GRAPHENE OXIDE" same stuff that's in Energizer AA lithium batteries, it is not graphene sulfur and it is not revolutionary. I believe they have a lower internal resistance so they can charge and discharge faster but in the end the change in power density is very minimal. A true graphene sulfur battery would have four or five times the capacity of current lithium batteries. What I'm saying is, a current 1600 MAH Lipo will become an 8000 MAH battery with no increase in physical size or weight when true grapheme technology becomes available.

All of this weasel wording is just marketing to be able to sell more batteries than the competition. I will at least give FMA credit, at least their batteries are not as chunky and heavy as the stupid Hobby King batteries, I would buy the Revo batteries over HK any day.

When true graphene batteries become available they will be introduced into consumer electronic devices like cell phones and electric vehicles before they ever hit the hobby scene.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:03 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I like the way people hold up products from well established reputable companies trying to justifying Hobby Klunks claims about these batteries. In reality in my opinion it appears to be nothing more than they're usual bait and switch tactics.

Dennis
Old 05-09-2016, 12:12 PM
trax de max

The only thing that made me wonder was the charge rates between the 2. I'm not sure on the Spanish company on how far they've getting. If saft is working on this I might be able to find out some info.