Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Nitro guy needs battery help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 01:46 PM
superprohero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro guy needs battery help

Usually into nitro but we bought the kid an electric Traxxas Slash 2WD RTR. The supplied DC charger is just utter junk. Stopped working after a very short time.
Looking for a simple to use AC/DC charger to charge the stock batteries. Preferably something to charge two batteries at once if they are reasonable, if not a single charger is OK.
Any simple, reliable charger suggestions without going Lipo and all that confusion?
Thanks
Old 02-29-2016, 07:26 AM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I've had great luck with my Hitec X1 charger. Charges all kinds of batteries and pretty simple to use. I might upgrade in the future only because I want to be able to charge several batteries at once but for basic use this charger works great.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:13 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by superprohero
...Looking for a simple to use AC/DC charger to charge the stock batteries. Preferably something to charge two batteries at once if they are reasonable, if not a single charger is OK.
Any simple, reliable charger suggestions without going Lipo and all that confusion?
Venom Pro Duo LiPo/NiMH Battery Charger
Old 02-29-2016, 08:47 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

Check out this Charger!! great Specs, and great price!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFLVA&P=ML

I have the HiTec Ultima X2 DC only charger, and I love it!! My Next charger will probably be either the Hitec X2-400 or the X2-700!!

Craig..

Last edited by SeaJay; 02-29-2016 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:20 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thunder AC680 Professional Dual-Power LiPo Balance Charger Discharger w AC Adapter for 1-6 Lipo 1-15 Nimh + USB to PC Software

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/batt...e-charger.html
Old 03-01-2016, 05:41 PM
superprohero

Thanks folks! All great chargers and most I feel are a bit advanced for a kid to use. Wound up going with something simple to use, NiMH only, and peak detection shut off. Ordered the Dynamite Prophet Sport for now. http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/DYNC2000CA
Thanks again!!!!