Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Both NiMH Batteries won't charge

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Both NiMH Batteries won't charge

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 07:59 AM
ECXboost00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Both NiMH Batteries won't charge

Hello!

So unfortunately I have a problem, as the title said - my batteries won't charge. One is a Dynamite Speedpack NiMH 6-cell 1800mah battery, and the other is the same but it's 3300mah. I have a Radiant Primal charger. So when I put either one of the batteries on charge, it 'says' its finished charging about 30 seconds - 3 minutes after putting it on charge, but it's not not done, once I put it in the car it starts off super slow and dies about 10 seconds later. My charger cannot discharge and cycle batteries, so I gave both batteries to my friend that has a charger that can, and he said he discharged them, cycled them, and then recharged them...but they came back both dead. So I don't think its my charger..? I have also had these batteries for about 2 years, it's just interesting how they both basically died at the same time. So do I need a new charger? Do I need new batteries? Do I need new both? Or can I fix them?

Thank you so much!
Pat
Old 03-01-2016, 08:11 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're toast, bro. Get some new ones.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:23 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
They're toast, bro. Get some new ones.
+1

I had the same type of problem with cordless drill battery packs. I would would have to slow charge the packs for about 15 minutes and then the drill OEM charger would begin a fast charge. Needless to say, after a full charge, I could use the batteries for quick projects only, and if I didn't use the fully charged packs at all... the packs would self discharge very, very quickly.