Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Tired in Charlotte / ;-) / Batteries got me down!!

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Tired in Charlotte / ;-) / Batteries got me down!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 07:05 AM
secret_squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired in Charlotte / ;-) / Batteries got me down!!

Hey everyone,

While the title is a bit of sarcasm, it truly is not far from the truth. Hoping to get someone who truly knows what they are doing to help me work through some issues.

First, several years ago I purchased a Vista Power Q-6320AC 4-port charger. At the time, the reviews were awesome. Now, I am not sure if this thing hasn't given me several gray hairs.

Long story short, I was having a heck of a time with NiMhs false peaking....instead of throwing the charger out the window, I decided to make the switch to A123s. Now my current dilemma.

A couple days ago I had reason to cycle my A123s. They are approx one year old and really don't get that much use but figured it would be a good thing just to make sure everything was still "all good".

So, I put two of my packs on the Vista Power Q-6320AC 4-port charger and start a discharge routine. I discharge both packs down to 2.5 volts per cell and then start a balance charge to charge the batteries back up. That is when all heck broke loose. One pack charged up fine, the second ended up seriously out of balance. It was late at night so I turned everything off and went to bed. The next night I started playing again but rookie mistake. I forgot which battery was good and which was bad.....at least I thought I did. anyway, simple fix right.....just cycle both batteries again and see what happens. This time, both batteries end up totally un-ballanced. I have a "balance buddy" that lets you charge/discharge cells individually but nothing has gotten me back to balanced cells.

I am willing to do just about anything at this stage in the game to end up with a battery/charger setup that is reliable and lasts.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:01 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reliable and lasts? I am partial to these, but I do highly suggest the Venom Pro Quad or Duo, depending on your budget. I have the Pro Duo and it is leagues better than my previous TP610AC-DC and Passport Ultra, both in size, durability, price, and charging ability. And believe me, when I dropped it down the stairs and it was still fine, that durability is top quality, lol.

https://www.venompower.com/products/...alance-charger