Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

How to charge a 12v Pb battery with a 680 AC balance charger

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

How to charge a 12v Pb battery with a 680 AC balance charger

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 11:11 AM
fmehri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to charge a 12v Pb battery with a 680 AC balance charger

Hello,
I am a new member to this forum and am trying to get some hep with charging a Pb battery. I have a small 12 volt Pb 5AH battery that I would like to charge using my 680 AC balance charger.
I choose a 5 amp 12V (6 cell) setting to start the charge and the digital display gives me an error after "Checking the Battery". The message reads "Battery check....Voltage too low".
I have tried changing the settings for the amperage and even the voltage but continue to get the same error.
My initial battery voltage was 1.7 volt when tested with my multimeter, but after charging it with a small solar charger for an hour the output reads 5VDC when tested with my multimeter.
I continue to get the same error.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:58 PM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Try 3 cell now that it is 5v. If the voltage goes up, keep going up by 1 cell.

Sounds like the battery is dead though.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:41 PM
fmehri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Kmeyers,
That technique seems to be working now. I started at 6 Volt setting and once it was charged I kept on increasing the set voltage and now as we speak it is being charged at 10 volt setting.