Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Traxxas ID chargers with Traxxas LiPo batteries.

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Traxxas ID chargers with Traxxas LiPo batteries.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Bburns412

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas ID chargers with Traxxas LiPo batteries.

Hello all,
New the electric side of RC and very new to LiPo's.
With that being said, I have a 1/10 summit and recently got two single Traxxas ID chargers with two Traxxas 25c 2-cell 7600 LiPo's. I just got a volt tester so I know what's going on with them. Well I run the summit with the low volt protection on and I have not tested the batteries to see what they shut down at but when I put them on the charges yesterday and ran storage mode and I see the one battery (cell one is at 3.82) (cell two is 3.83) the second battery (cell one is 3.82) (cell two is 3.84)

I guess my question is, is this an okay range to store them at? I thought recommended range was around 3.6v per cell? And does anyone know what voltage the protection kicks on at? Maybe I don't need to do a storage charge.
Any input will be appreciated and sorry for the long post.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:44 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
3.8 volts is the typical storage voltage/cell level.

You should never run a vehicle(plane or heli) to low voltage cut-off. The lvc is there so one doesn't run a pack flat but running to or a bit beyond lvc can damage the LiPo pack and usually results in puffing.

Start timing your runs to lvc and then start shutting the truck down before lvc kicks in.

You only need to perform a storage charge when you are not going to use the pack for a few weeks or longer. Never store a pack fully charged as that will eat away at it's performance and longevity.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:38 AM
Bburns412

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the input. I will definitely start timing my run time and shutting it down a little sooner.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To clarify, storage level is ~3.78-3.85v/cell, it's not an exact science. Nominal voltage should be 3.7v/cell and fully charged is 4.20v/cell.