Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Charging Params chart - peer review

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Charging Params chart - peer review

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 02:29 PM
rhizuli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging Params chart - peer review

Greetings,
Once again I must call upon the legion of RC wizards toguide me through the maze known as E-lec-tri-city - specifically, the terror known as“Charging Lipos”. As stated before I’m anoob to electric flying and I’ve recently purchased a UP120AC Duo charger andparallel charging board.I know there issome disagreement on the parallel charging concept but after spending a day anda half balancing and charging 4 -3S1800mAh 20C batts, I figured it would be worth exploring.So, here’s my quest… I’m programming thememory of the charger (dual independent charging stations). There are sevenparameters to be entered, they are: Batt type – Batt volts – Charge current –discharge current – discharge voltage – terminal voltage control (changeableend voltage) – batt temp cutoff.I amtrying to create a chart of the parameters to refer so I could charge 1-6 battsknowing I’ve got the correct parameters.After sleepless nights, nail chewing and snarling at the wife (onlyonce), I’ve calculated / guessed the following values.Pleeeeeze check my math and guesses for the params and tell if there areerrors that may generate a nuclear event or whether I lucked out and guessedright. To be honest, I don’t know if the params after the charging amps wouldchange so I won’t use the charger until I’m confident that it’s programmedcorrectly - Be gentle.

# of batts charging @ 1C > Batt volts – Charge current – discharge current – discharge voltage –terminal voltage control (changeable end voltage) – batt temp cutoff

1 batt > 11.1v – 1.8A – 2.0A – 3.0v/cell – 4.2v – 50 °C
2 batt > 11.1v – 3.6A - 2.0A – 3.0v/cell – 4.2v -50 °C
3 batt > 11.1v – 5.4A - 2.0A – 3.0v/cell – 4.2v - 50 °C
4 batt > 11.1v – 7.2A – 2.0A – 3.0v/cell – 4.2v - 50 °C
5 batt > 11.1v – 9.0A – 2.0A – 3.0v/cell – 4.2v - 50 °C
6 batt > 11.1v – 10.8A – 2.0A – 3.0v/cell – 4.2v - 50 °C