Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Is this a 14s Lipo pack??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 05:47 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a 14s Lipo pack??

I made a Lipo pack of 6 5s [ 3 in series then parellel with 3 more in series] but it turned out it was to much for my BBSHD/electric bike.
I was told I need a 14s pack so since I already have 5s I'm thinking on using 4 of them + 2 4s to make my 14s pack BUT I would like to know if what I'm planning is possible. I'm thinking on making a pack as fallow- (keep in mind they are all of the same mah & c rating) 2 5s in parallel + 2 5s in parellel + 2 4s in parellel than connect the three parellel packs into series hoping to make a 14s pack of 51.8 v @3.7per cell / 58.8v "hot of the chart". I HOPE THIS MADE SENSE. Please anyone let me know if I can do this????? THX.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:01 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahhh, I would say you need some series in there some place. That is not adding up, Do you mean (2) 5s in series for 10s, then series a 4s to make 14s? As you have it written, you have only increased the capacity of the battery not the voltage.

Here is a picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parallel-verse-Series-300x238.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	2218506

Hope this helps out a bit. As I too am working on converting one of my bikes to an E powered ride.

Buzz.