Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Can't figure this out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Norm Nestie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't figure this out.

Starting to figure out my Accucycle Elite. BUT, when I put a new NIMH 2000 mah battery pack on to peak charge a d got up th enext morning it was still charging away and indicated almost 2800 mah had been charged. This started to happen again with a new 750 mah pack but caught it at 787 mah and shut it off. I thought the Accucycle would sense peak charge and switch to trickle . Anyone else experienced this? The 2000 pack was pretty warm and I'm wondering if I cooked it.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:59 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

List the exact steps you used to start the charge.

You didn't do the battery any favors by heating it up so much.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Norm Nestie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As per instructions I entered all particulars about battery and using the down button got to the Peak Charge window and pressed charge button. I can't remember exactly what the instructions say but I felt the cycler would detect Peak Charge and end process.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:19 AM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

You can set the sensitivity of when it changes from normal charge to trickle charge. If a battery is giveing you trouble you can set the normal charge to 1\10 rate and set the trickle charge the same.