Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Revolectrix Powerlab 8

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 05:31 AM
airtourer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revolectrix Powerlab 8

Hello All,

I recently bought a PL8. I need some help please.

My problem is it won't charge at more than 3 amps. This is because I think it is only balance port charging and not charging through the banana ports ( even though I confirm this option when starting a cycle)
When trying to charge over 3 amps an error of " node over amps" message appears.

The charger has firmware 3.31

How do I make sure it is not charging only through the balance ports?
How do I do a reset?

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

Paul
Old 03-13-2016, 06:54 AM
airtourer

Ps. I see " node over amps" message in the manual says to check the wiring. My wiring setup on my friends PL8 works fine.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:57 AM
airtourer

PS the "node over amps" in the manual says to check the wiring. My wiring on another PL8 works fine.
Paul
Old 03-14-2016, 01:22 PM
trax de max

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you got correct wiring setting on charger. FMA or jst XH. Is the firmware 3.33 now.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:30 AM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking it is only charging through the balance plug which is limited. Are you using the banana plug along with the balance ports? If so there is an option when you first start, something like discharge only, charge only, cycle etc. At the bottom there is a place to check to use banana plug if this is not checked you will not be able to fast charge.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:21 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"PowerLab 8 (v2) supports charging through node wires only (automatic current limiting to 3A maximum) or node wires in combination with discharge wires (charge rate support up to 40A max)"

The charger settings might be incorrect, or it's possible that there is a problem with the main charging leads, assuming you are using them,
Old 09-04-2017, 04:11 PM
rholt51

I had the same problem. although i've been using the PL8 for a short time, i'm having a lot of problems getting it to set up for my LiFePo4's. (and i believe i'm also having problems with a couple of cells.
i thought i had things just about set up with the PL8, but then i got the "Node" error. turns out somehow the default about the Banana Plugs had turned to "N" when it had been "Y". set it to "Y" and i'm on my way!
Russ from Coral Springs, Fl, USA