Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

SkyRC imax b6ac v2

Old 09-10-2017, 09:29 PM
P.A.Myers

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default SkyRC imax b6ac v2

I very recently replaced a HexFly-403 after burning up two of them. On 9/8/17 I got a pair of real genuine imax b6ac units.
I have been balance charging a pair if 2s 5800 lipos at 5.0 amps. Works just fine. Takes about an hour an quits right at 4.2 volts per cell.
Several times now when full is indicated I hit the stop button just to be sure and switch off the power strip. I unplug the units and stow them on the bench.
After awhile I have noticed both units display will sometimes flash [light] momentarily. I have not seen a message when they do this. This flash is with both units unplugged from ac power and batteries.
Is there a shut down procedure I am not doing? Is this some type of para-normal activity? Extraterrestrials? The units do have internal batteries but ***?
Old 09-11-2017, 06:51 PM
P.A.Myers

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Can anyone point me to someone that might have some insight into this weirdness?

Last edited by P.A.Myers; 09-12-2017 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spell
Old 09-11-2017, 06:52 PM
ChopDrifter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Is it still under warranty?
Old 09-11-2017, 09:09 PM
P.A.Myers

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes. Bear in mind I have two of these and they both do this .
Old 09-12-2017, 04:02 AM
RCFlyerDan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have been using these chargers for years. My newer ones that I use with 110v don't have that issue. I have an older one that is battery operated or gets it's power from a 12v power amp. It has the same trait as you are describing. I have never figured it out either. Been using that particular charger for 8-10 years. I have found that if the power supply is unplugged from it, the charger doesn't flash. With the power supply plugged into 110v and turned off, if the charger is still connected to the power supply, it will flash. When I removed the connection between the power amp the charger, the flashing stops. I just blamed it on a glitch that was missed in the design. I have 3 other newer ones bought in with in the past 5 years that don't have the issue. I just make sure that I am always near by when using that charger. But, have no idea why it flashes. I don't think there is an internal battery. I love them because the charging amps can be controlled, rather than some of the chargers that you have no control over the amps and are too automatic and charge the battery at the max rate. I use smaller Lipo batteries of 2s or 3s, and are between 2200 ma -4000 ma. and only charge them at 1.0 amps. for a slower charge. I use the 3s batteries for turbine engine start, and the 2s for the receiver. I have no answer for you otherwise.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:27 AM
P.A.Myers

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How interesting. The power supply is obviously discharging intermittently. These have the internal ac/dc units. Capacitors could be the source. I have inquired at SkyRC, we will see. Thanx

9/14: skyRC support seems to be a dead end. They cannot read English or something. They do respond but it makes little sense.

Last edited by P.A.Myers; 09-14-2017 at 07:14 PM. Reason: update-9/14
Old 09-16-2017, 05:56 PM
P.A.Myers

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A customer support staff member from SKYRC has replied to your support request, #000457 with the following response:
Hello,The capacitor in the charger will discharge, so it may flash for one second some times
.Best regards,SkyRC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
could be, seems reasonable

Last edited by P.A.Myers; 09-16-2017 at 06:03 PM. Reason: however

Search this Thread