Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Jumping back into hobby need a new charger

Old 11-30-2017, 09:04 AM
ReMiXeDg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Jumping back into hobby need a new charger

Hello there I am in need of some advice as to what charger should I consider picking up as im jumping back into the rc hobby.

i use to have the older version of the ez peak plus and see there is a new one out should I just purchase the new model and go with that? I want to charge up to 3s dual charging.

i prefer to do dual lipo charging and also prefer not to use my own power supply.

quick question I have a traxxas truck then a hpi truck is it safe to use deans to traxxas connector plugs for the lipos?

and is there any other charger that will be better to consider getting than the traxxas ez peak plus?

thanks a lot.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:45 PM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

first yes you will be safe to use deans to traxxas connector plugs for the lipos.
I think there is better charger out there then the traxxas ez peak plus dual charger but it still would do the charging you want to do with the correct adapter plugs but from what the EZ Peak plus looks like there is no balance plug.

if your going to do 3s dual charging you may want to consider getting a better charger then one that has the power supply built into to it like this one.
Thunder AC680 Professional Dual-Power LiPo Balance Charger/Discharger w/ AC Adapter for 1-6 Lipo/ 1-15 Nimh + USB to PC Software this charger will do what you want to with
depending on your budget you could get into a charger and separate power supply for around 110.00

http://hitecrcd.com/products/charger...-power/product
https://www.horizonhobby.com/HRC44232?KPID=HRC44232&CAWELAID=320011980000238947&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=37619207031&CATCI=pla-382677446305&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIguvQu9Hq1wIVSGF-Ch3tigZFEAkYASABEgIhrfD_BwE

this page is full of as/dc chargers to
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/batterie...ger-ac-dc.html

Last edited by scott36; 12-01-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Xpress

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would suggest the Hitec X2 AC Black Edition. Compact and powerful for most 3S packs, can be used on either AC or DC, and has a unique voice guide for assisting in programming.

X2 AC Plus Black Edition Charger / Discharger Power Supply | HITEC RCD USA