Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

LiPo Charging Help for a Newbie

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

LiPo Charging Help for a Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 07:18 PM
mirion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LiPo Charging Help for a Newbie

Getting back into RC now that I am retired after a 20 year gap since I last flew. Before getting my old nitro planes in the air I went to the local hobby store and purchased an electric plane (Eflite Maul BNF) and DX7 Radio to get some flying in before the snow fly's. This is all new to me so bear with the me on what is probably a very basic question. I have a LiPo battery with the following info on it: 30C, 2200 mAh, 11.1V. I also have a new Prophet Precept 6A/80 Watt charger.
The options I am unsure of as I scroll the menus on the charger: What type of charge? Charge vs Fast Charge vs Balance Charge. (I am assuming balance charge, it has the balance board)
And then the next question, what charge rate amps?
There are probably going to many other questions regarding electric flying and the new radio systems, thanks for your help...…...Mike in Michigan
Old 09-25-2018, 12:12 AM
Flora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend charge at 1C, Amp=2200mah that's can be more safe &healthy to your battery
Old 09-25-2018, 06:42 AM
BelAirBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, and as you noted, set to balance and make sure it is set to LiPo You may want to buy a few batteries as the batteries will take about an hour to recharge

Have fun

bob