Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Popping sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 12:17 PM
WH1_T-type

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popping sound

Recently picked up a brand new TR MT8E BE6S. Had the hobby shop swap the deans to Traxxas as I have more of those batteries. Verified that the positive off of the ESC goes to the positive of one connector and the negative goes to the negative of the other.

Also purchased two brand new traxxas 5000MAH 25C 3S lipos.

When i plug in the first battery everything seems fine. However, when I plug in the second one I can hear a POP and see a flash right at the connection point.

The truck runs great after and is powerful as heck even with only 25c batteries.

This is my first time running 6s. Is this normal or do I have a real issue?

Thanks.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:36 PM
WH1_T-type

bump
Old 10-13-2018, 08:44 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Probably just charging the capacitors in the speed controller. Not unusual and nothing to worry about. The bigger the speed controller and capacitors, the bigger the spark / pop. Increased cell count increases the pop also.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:35 PM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

this pop and spark is just the connection being made, you will see this when you hook up a car battery and most other batterys will do this as well. nothing to worry about.