Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Confirmation on safely charging lipos

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Confirmation on safely charging lipos

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 08:58 AM
Rants86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confirmation on safely charging lipos

Hello everyone I'm relatively new to RC and to this forum.
I have recently received a couple LiPO batteries and have an idea on how to charge them but would like confirmation.

I have two 2s 6500mAh 50c Gens ace lipos and can't seem to find a charge rating for them. I have only found one third party seller (buddyrc.com) that said the fast change rate is 5c. I have gone to Gens Ace's website and found nothing and the instructions provided with the battery are more of a generic safety sheet.

So far what I've been thinking of doing from general info I found was to charge the battery like this... For a 6500mah at 1c would mean charging at 6.5A. Is this ok to do? Is it to high or to low?

Any and all help would be much appreciated, Thanks​​​​​​!!
Old 03-20-2019, 12:16 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

1 to 2 C is fine for most batteries