Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Battery Question

Old 05-22-2019, 05:39 PM
Joel Thompson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Battery Question

Hi, it has been a while since I lasted posted.

I have a problem.

I need an efficient battery configuration (efficient means LIGHTEST WEIGHT!) to provide 400A at 66V for one hour.

I have been assessing a set of 20000mAH 6S 12C LiPo batteries for this application. I have looked at grouping a set of 3 in series with 7 of those series groups connected in parallel. That gets the voltage I need, but I am not sure about amparage. I think that only gets me 20A x 7 = 140A or 140AH.

I am not 'married' to this battery. I am open to any solution that is the lightest weight.

So, I am lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Joe T.

Last edited by Joel Thompson; 05-22-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:54 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Joel Thompson View Post
Hi, it has been a while since I lasted posted.

I have a problem.

I need an efficient battery configuration (efficient means LIGHTEST WEIGHT!) to provide 400A at 66V for one hour.

I have been assessing a set of 20000mAH 6S 12C LiPo batteries for this application. I have looked at grouping a set of 3 in series with 7 of those series groups connected in parallel. That gets the voltage I need, but I am not sure about amparage. I think that only gets me 20A x 7 = 140A or 140AH.

I am not 'married' to this battery. I am open to any solution that is the lightest weight.

So, I am lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Joe T.
Those voltages and currents are a bit out of the norm for model use. You might have better luck finding battery recommendations in some of the solar energy forums.