Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

High volt 2s lipo 7.6V , ok charge with old B6 charger?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

High volt 2s lipo 7.6V , ok charge with old B6 charger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 02:40 AM
mrAlone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default High volt 2s lipo 7.6V , ok charge with old B6 charger?

Hi

is the 7.6volt any faster and better than normal 7.4v lipos?

my b6 charger is 8years old now.
This charger maybe cant even charge the modern high volt?

My Charger Can charge 2s up to 6s
In 2s mode the charger says 7,4 volt

Maybe i need modern Charger that has also the High Voltage setting 7.6v in 2s high voltage mode?

Is there any okey Budget china 7.6v charger if i need ?

The last i wonder is:
Must the BL Combo also be modern and does it need to have specific settings to higher 7.6 volt?

My combo is old, anyway it takes 3s combo 11.1 volt
Maybe it runs 2s in 7.4 only ?

I believe if i remember right the charger charge 2s to 8.4volt
Maybe the high voltage lipos must be charged to 8.8 volts? = specific new charger is needed then?

Also: What is the difference? more speed? more power ?

Thanx

Last edited by mrAlone; 07-16-2019 at 02:51 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:41 PM
ticedoff8

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Charging Lithium Polystyrene (LiPo) batteries requires the correct charger that is designed for charging LiPo packs.
If you mistreat or use the incorrect charger a LiPo pack during the charge cycle there is a good chance the pack will overheat and burst into flames. Look on YouTube for "LiPo fires"

A LiPo "cell" is fully charged when it reaches 4.2v.
A 2S LiPo "pack" has 2 cells. At full charge, the output of the pack would be 8.4v
A 3S LiPo pack has 3 cells. At full charge, the output of the pack would be 12.6v
This assume that all the cells in the pack are in good condition and balanced.

LiPo batteries are charged using a "constant current" input to the pack and monitor the pack's total voltage and the voltage of each cell.
To charge a LiPo pack whose cells are rated at 2200mAh (2.2A), you would typically use a charger that can deliver 2.2A and would be designed to properly charge a LiPo pack. If the charger cannot deliver 2.2A (aka: 1C), then the batteries could take hours to fully charge.

If you try to charge a LiPo pack with a charger designed for NiCad or some other chemistry or just "wrong" for LiPo packs, please do it outside on a concrete surface and well away from any flammable structures or material.
And, do not try to extinguish the fire with water. Water makes Lithium mad (search YouTube for "Lithium in water").